Brandon Goldner

Brandon Goldner

COLLEGE PARK – Brandon Goldner, an award-winning junior broadcast journalism major at the Philip Merrill College of Journalism, was awarded a “Presidents Scholarship” by the Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) this month.

Goldner has worked as a summer reporter for KVRR-TV in Fargo, North Dakota; a teen anchor/reporter for WMAR-TV in Baltimore; a news intern for WBAL-TV in Baltimore; and he was one of the youngest interns in the history of NBC News’ Meet the Press. He’s currently an EMMY award-winning director at UMTV and is serving his second term as co-president of his school’s Society of Professional Journalists chapter.

“Having attended two Excellence in Journalism conferences, I have seen first-hand the amazing and impactful work of RTDNA. It’s truly an honor to receive the President’s Scholarship from RTDNA. My family will soon be confronting the challenge of handling two college tuitions: mine and my younger brother’s tuition. I’m beyond thrilled and humbled to receive this scholarship as it will help alleviate the financial burden soon to face my family,” Goldner said.