- About the Major
- Video Brochure
- Capital News Service
- Current Student Degree Requirements
- New General Education Program
- Scholarships & Aid
- Media, Self and Society Program»
- Faculty & Research
- Alumni & Support
Ethics in Sports Media panel discussion
Date:April 27, 2011
A discussion of ethics in the sports media was held on Wednesday April 27, at 7 p.m., in Knight Hall's Richard Eaton Auditorium.
Hosted by the Philip Merrill College, the discussion was moderated by Povich Professor Kevin Blackistone and included:
- Vince Doria, Vice President and Director of News for ESPN
- USA Today sports columnist Christine Brennan
- Merrill College Baltimore Sun Distinguished Lecturer Diana Huffman
- Washington Post sports editor Matt Vita
- Washington Redskins' Vice President Tony Wyllie
- Merrill College Professor of the Practice George Solomon.
This event was live-blogged and an archive is available below. The live-blog was authored by Merrill journalism students Andy Marso, Patrick Quinn and Alex Pyles, and edited live by Merrill instructor Sean Mussenden. A full audio recording of the event is available for download or you can stream it in the player at the bottom of the page.