- About the Major
- Video Brochure
- Capital News Service
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- New General Education Program
- Scholarships & Aid
- Media, Self and Society Program»
- Four-Year Plans
- Faculty & Research
- Programs & Centers
- Shirley Povich Center for Sports Journalism
- American Journalism Review
- Hubert H. Humphrey Fellows
- International Center for Media and the Public Agenda
- Journalism Center on Children & Families
- College Park Scholars: Media, Self and Society
- National Association of Black Journalists
- Society for Features Journalism
- Alumni & Support
Livestream of Fifth Annual Shirley Povich Symposium
The Changing Landscape of Sports: How much is too much?
Hear from an elite group of sports professionals on the impact of the extraordinary amount of money now involved in sports and the increasing pressure to win and perform at the highest levels under the scrutiny of a 24-hour-a-day news cycle.
Watch the archived livestream of the event, which took place on Wed., Nov. 17 2010. Viewing the livestream requires installation of the Microsoft Silverlight player plugin. Get it here.
The Guest Panel included:
- Christine Brennan, USA Today columnist and writer
- Daniel M. Snyder, Washington Redskins owner
- Kevin Blackistone, Shirley Povich Chair in Sports Journalism and contributor to AOL's FanHouse and ESPN's "Around the Horn"
- Scott Van Pelt, Maryland alumnus, ESPN's Sportcenter anchor and "The Scott Van Pelt Show" host
- Tony Kornheiser, ESPN-980 radio host, and co-host of ESPN's "Pardon the Interruption"
- Moderated by Maury Povich
The Shirley Povich Symposium is in honor of the legendary Washington Post sports columnist.
Hosted by the Philip Merrill College of Journalism and the Colonnade Society at the University of Maryland.