College/University: B.S., University of Florida
Rob Hiaasen is a columnist and assistant editor at The Capital in Annapolis.
A former reporter for The Baltimore Sun, Hiaasen has also written for The Washington Post and The Huffington Post.
A graduate of the University of Florida, he was a Knight Journalism Fellow at Stanford University in 2004.
- Rob Hiaasen’s final journey: A story of family love and remembrance (The Annapolis Capital)
- Thank you, Rob Hiaasen (The Annapolis Gazette)
- A joyful stylist, a generous mentor (The Baltimore Sun)
- On the death of a wordsmith, words come hard (The Baltimore Sun)
- In a lifetime of words, Rob Hiaasen wrote for his children in journals and for his community in newspapers (The Washington Post)
- At the Capital Gazette, the Death of a Reporter’s Reporter (The New York Times)
- Rob Hiaasen, a ‘real craftsman,’ slain in Annapolis shooting (Boston Globe)
- Rob Hiaasen’s former boss recalls the ‘five-tool player’ (The Philadelphia Inquirer)
- Rob Hiaasen: An exemplary life, a violent death in Annapolis (Atlanta Journal Constitution)
- Rob Hiaasen, journalist killed in Maryland newsroom shooting, had deep South Florida ties (Miami Herald)
- Overflow crowd gathers to honor Hiaasen (Associated Press)
- Love and death: Learning from the life and work of Rob Hiaasen (Poynter)
- Maryland Mourns Passing of Three Terp Journalists (University of Maryland)
- Tell Us Your Stories About Rob (University of Maryland)