There are many ways to get involved at Merrill College. Whether you’re a faculty or staff member, alumnus, professional journalist or media company, we offer many ways for you to make a difference:
- If you’d like to support the college and it’s programs or help with scholarships, we offer many ways to donate;
- If you’re a professional interested in teaching, we are always looking for great adjunct lecturers;
- We offer a wide range of career services to our students and alumni and are always looking for great internships to offer our Merrill journalists;
- We’re always looking for mentors to work with our students. Our Mentor page offers a number of ideas ranging from sitting on a master’s committee to volunteering to critique a resume and more;
- Collaboration is important both in the college, on the University of Maryland campus and beyond. Want to collaborate on a project or program? Let us know;
- Alumni opportunities to network abound and our online communities on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter help keep you informed about all the great things going on at the college, job opportunities, etc.;
- The Philip Merrill College of Journalism not only teaches students how to become journalists, but we also have a number of highly respected researchers who look at everything from media globalization to conflict reporting, political communication and democratization and even computational and data journalism.