Networking is a great way to make contacts that can lead to possible jobs. It also lets you reconnect with old and new Merrill College friends and even learn new skills.
Here are some of the many opportunities open to you:
- Attend an alumni event organized by the Merrill College or the University of Maryland Alumni Association – or create your own event centered around an event or guest speaker.
- Attend any of the panel discussions or other events organized by the Merrill College in Knight Hall during the school year. All are free to attend!
- Visit us on Maryland Day – always the fourth Saturday in April. One of the most popular events is our alumni reception – a great way to network and reconnect.
- Stay in contact with Internships and Career Development Director Adrianne Flynn and be sure to follow the Merrill College on Facebook and Twitter – where she is always posting job opportunities. Check out the Capital News Service 25th Anniversary page on Facebook as well.
- Stay in touch with your Merrill College professors.
- Join Journalism professional organizations like SPJ, NABJ, RTDNA and others and reconnect at regional or national conferences.
- Join us on the LinkedIn Philip Merrill College of Journalism alumni page.
- Be sure we have your latest contact information so you can stay up-to-date with the latest news about the Merrill College and be contacted about upcoming events in your area.