There’s always something to do in the Washington, D.C. region. Check out these websites. There are links to the three airports in the region, Amtrak, bus and shuttle transportation too. Keep in mind Maryland’s Department of Transportation Services (DOTS) also runs shuttles to airports and beyond during the holidays. Check the DOTS website for more information.
Photo is courtesy of the Visit Maryland tourism website.
Washington, D.C., Baltimore and Surrounding Areas
- Official Tourism Website for Washington, D.C. – Information about attractions, hotels, restaurants, transportation, and events in the area.
- Getting Around Washington – Metro map, trip planner, bus schedules, etc.
- The Smithsonian – Museums, classes, concerts, lectures and more.
- Washington Post’s City Guide – The Washington Post’s guide to entertainment in Washington; movies, museums, restaurants and more.
- Official Maryland Tourism Website – Learn more about all the great things going on in the state of Maryland.
- Visit Baltimore – The official Baltimore tourism site.
- Baltimore Sun Events Guide – The Sun lists all the great events going on in the city.
- Virginia Tourism Website – Everything you need to know if you want to visit Virginia.
- To and from Ronald Reagan National Airport
- To and from Dulles International Airport
- To and from BWI Thurgood Marshall International Airport
- Greyhound Bus Schedules and Fares
- BoltBus Schedules and Fares
- MegaBus Schedules and Fares
- Amtrak Train Schedules and Fares
- Taxi: There are a number of taxi services in the College Park area, as well as Uber.