If you wish to take a course at another institution and have that course and the credits transfer back to the University of Maryland, you must gain approval in advance and are required to submit a “Permission to Enroll” (PTE) to the College of Journalism.

This form acts as evidence of permission from the University of Maryland to enroll in the course(s). Some other institutions will require this form prior to registration.

Click HERE to complete the online Permission to Enroll.

  • You can view the Student User Guide for the PTE form here.