Application deadline for the 2018-2019 school year is Feb. 1, 2018
The Philip Merrill College of Journalism focuses on helping our Master’s students learn real-world, hands-on journalism. As a Merrill “Fearless Journalist” you will become #MerrillMade and job-ready upon graduation.
Here’s the Scoop:
- We will train you to be a great writer and story teller.
- You will receive the technical skills and ethical training required for success in an industry that is ever-changing.
- Our location provides unparalleled internship opportunities with media including CNN, the Wall Street Journal, Reuters, MLB.Com, Vice and Mashable.
- Capital News Service and other capstones, public affairs training and computational and data journalism courses train students to develop stories with impact.
- Our MJ students land jobs across the nation – from New York City to Los Angeles and around the world.
Admission to the master’s program is highly competitive. Each year, the Merrill College admits up to 36 students to fill a maximum of 18 seats in the summer and fall cohorts. By keeping our classes small, we are able to work intensively with each student to develop his or her skills, portfolio and professional network. By taking a skills-intensive and hands-on approach to education, the Philip Merrill College of Journalism prepares our students for careers in a rapidly evolving professional landscape.
Questions? Need more information? Contact Adrianne Flynn at 301-405-7247.