The Philip Merrill College of Journalism focuses on helping our master’s students learn real-world, hands-on journalism. As a #merrillmade Fearless Journalist you’ll be job-ready upon graduation.
- We will train you to be a great writer and storyteller.
- You will receive the technical skills and ethical training required for success in an industry that is ever-changing.
- Our location provides unparalleled internship opportunities at places like The Washington Post, CNN, The Wall Street Journal, Reuters, MLB.com, Vice and Mashable.
- The Howard Center for Investigative Journalism, The Shirley Povich Center for Sports Journalism, Capital News Service and other specialty courses train students in public affairs reporting, computational and data journalism, investigative reporting, sports journalism and more. Our students learn to develop stories with impact.
- Our students land jobs across the nation — from New York City to Los Angeles — and around the world.
Admission to the master’s program is highly competitive. By keeping our classes small, we are able to work intensively with each student to develop his or her skills, portfolio and professional network.
By taking a skills-intensive and hands-on approach to education, the Philip Merrill College of Journalism prepares our students for careers in a rapidly evolving industry.
Questions? Need more information? Contact Serap Rada, assistant director of graduate studies.